Top Ten Tuesday 11.19.13

This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books I'd Recommend To X Person
I would recommend Inhale by Kendall Grey and Iced by Karen Marie Moning to my mom.  Thankfully my mom is a big reader like I am and has very similar taste in books.  Inhale by Kendall Grey is such a unique, clever, intriguing series unlike anything she's read yet and I really think she'd enjoy it.  I'd also recommend Iced because Karen Marie Moning is a world-building genius.  Even though Iced is written from Dani's POV, it picks up right where Shadowfever left off from a different perspective.  You can't help but get engaged in it.
 
I would recommend Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan and the Pendragon's Banner Trilogy by Helen Hollick to my best friend and book soulmate Isalys. I've been after her for years to read these damn books and I will continue to be annoying about them until she reads them :)
I would recommend Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare and Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry to my 20 something year old brother Brian. Since he enjoys books and shows with steampunk or zombie themes I thought these two books in particular would pique his interest. I enjoyed both books and he pretty much is my twin so I believe with confidence that he will enjoy them too. Actually I'm going to pack these two books up right now and drop them off at his place today. I will let you all know *yay* or *nay* 

I recommend Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand and End of Days: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy by James L. Swanson to my husband because he enjoys reading American military and political history books. He's a picky reader, but he devoured Swanson's other books about Abraham Lincoln's assassination. And Unbroken was one of my favorites last year, so I've been trying to convince him to read it!

4 comments:

  1. Nice list! I picked ROT & RUIN on my list this week, too. Such a good book for those who aren't HUGE readers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Inhaled but I have read Iced and I love Dani! Good choices! ~ Nettie from Diaries of 2 Thick Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list you have here!!! I have been wanting to read ICED for quite some time!!! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison